Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
The Japanese Hibachi grill is made of specially designed insulating material that helps reflect heat back into the grill to maintain a consistent temperature. The grill's insulation capabilities lower the heat emitted during barbecue, and the exterior remains cool.
The diatomite from the Noto Peninsula of Ishikawa Prefecture is an excellent insulator, which is able to reflect heat back onto the cooking surface. The walls are over 5cm thick and keep the exterior relatively cool.
This Hibachi style Grill is an excellent choice for grilling wagyu, yakitori, fish and vegetables.
- Material: Natural Japanese diatom mud
- Reusable grill net included.
- The natural diatom mud means there are no harmful substances.
- For outdoor use only or in a commercial kitchen under appropriate strong extraction.
- L77cm x W23cm x H20cm. Serves 6+ people.
Use and Care:
- Use the grill in well-ventilated areas to avoid potential carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Place a heat resistant mat under the grill to avoid heating the surface underneath.
- Do not extinguish the fire with water. Diatom mud absorbs water, and as a result, it becomes brittle and loses its durability.
- You may gently remove the ash and food residue, but avoid washing the grill with water.
Differences between Konro, Hibachi and Shichirin:
- In Japan you won't hear the term Hibachi used for a grill. The Japanese prefer the terms Shichirin or Konro.
- The Hibachi (Japanese: 火鉢, "fire bowl") refers to traditional Japanese heating device. The Shichirin is a small charcoal grill.
- Konro are made from diatomite (the fossilized remains of plankton) and mined traditionally by hand in Japan. The blocks are joined together without the use of mortar, for a stronger, tighter and more fire resistant finish. The Konro is then baked at 1,000 degrees for six hours making them extremely durable.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Hibachi Charcoal Grill 77cm x 23cm x 20cm